About Me

My photo
Hello, I’m Toni Love, and I live in an unbelievable chaotic space know as my life. I’m first generation,born in the UK, of West African descent. I was married, became a mum, and divorced all before I was 25, and have spent the last 10 years keeping it all together. In my former life I was a copy writer for one of the big 5 firms (or 4 I think it is now). Anyway, after a career break to raise my son, on my return I found I was all sloganed out! I moved into the corporate world then, and started my own consultancy. I have a 9 year old son, Barry, who recently went off to boarding school abroad, and a cat called Snowy who prefers the company of my neighbour's to mine, thus making me “petless” and child free. It was only then I took stock and realised the nothingness of it all; a sort of mini life crisis. I have decided to shake things up a bit. I miss writing, so that’s why I blog, I need new direction, new goals and new objectives. I’m thinking a change in career, a new pastime, relocation and a nice gentleman friend to ice the cake! (Why not put it out there! ;o) Thank you for joining me on this journey. I welcome comments, suggestions or any ideas on postings! Enjoy the ride! 

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Superwoman

It is so sad watching Baroness Thatcher's funeral my mother always said if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Politics aside, she operated in a male dominant world whilst retaining her feminine charms, with a handbag collection that is now legendary! She is a Great Britain!



 


Redemption
So, due to me being totally negligent of my health I managed to ruin Barry’s birthday. Despite me transporting the coolest cake ever to his school, it was still a flop (see previous posts). He is back for the holidays at the end of the month and I absolutely have to redeem myself! I know these are the actions of a guilty parent, but I can’t help myself.

Mrs. Carter
I have decided to surprise my little man with tickets to the hottest show in town:  BeyoncĂ©’s forthcoming tour. Barry is a die-hard BeyoncĂ© fan and can belt out most of her (and Lady Gaga’s) songs, and has the dance routines down to an art. I know what you are thinking! (Stop it he is my son!)  Now, these tickets were so hot they were cold! They sold out in the UK within 15 minutes and you would stand a better chance of discovering a new planet than bagging these tickets. However, I am determined to pick some up on the fan sites.

I am hoping to see Madame B at the O2 in London, which from experience if you can only get seats above the lower tier you may as well wait for the DVD. The O2 arena is huge. However, it is unlike other venues such as Old Trafford, Wembley and the Olympic Stadium, which are built in a way that there are no bad seats. The upper tier at the O2 is deadly, and really does comes with a health warning for those who suffer from vertigo and other height-related disabilities. I went to see the late, great Whitney Houston there and had “heavenly bound” seats, and it's not so much the view as it is the perception; the incline is so steep you feel like you are going to topple over at any moment. I upgraded my seats quick-time.



Extortionists
I spent the best part of yesterday and most of today trawling through eBay, seatwave, Ticketmaster and FanSnap in a desperate attempt to find some economically enhanced tickets. NO SUCH LUCK. I mean they are there if you are willing to pay more than 5 times the actual price!! But I have to draw the line somewhere; I mean, it’s not the money it’s the principal. How can anyone sell a ticket they brought for £50 for £ 250? And then these websites add on their handling fees of around 15% and it makes me wonder how they get away with it!

I have been lucky this year with thickets and managed to snag Michael Buble and Rihanna tickets at face value. I would love to go see the Rolling Stones but I’ll be trekking the Andes. My limit is £500 for 2 lower tier seats. If I shell out any more then I may as well take him to Disneyland Paris for a week!!!!  

Barry will go to the ball!

Training
Meanwhile, my training is going very well. I am now in the gym every day for an hour and I am beginning to see the difference. I do 30 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes on free weights. *******NEWSFLASH****** Arms are the new tummies! Flat stomachs are for little girls, real women have arms to die for! I mean how often do grown women get away with wearing crop tops without looking skanky? Never, but we can flash or arms with impudence!  Bye bye baby bingo wings, hello lady guns!  I can’t wait for it to heat up so I can showcase my arms in a halter neck dress! It is such a shame I don’t have a pair of boobs to match :o/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment