About Me

My photo
Hello, I’m Toni Love, and I live in an unbelievable chaotic space know as my life. I’m first generation,born in the UK, of West African descent. I was married, became a mum, and divorced all before I was 25, and have spent the last 10 years keeping it all together. In my former life I was a copy writer for one of the big 5 firms (or 4 I think it is now). Anyway, after a career break to raise my son, on my return I found I was all sloganed out! I moved into the corporate world then, and started my own consultancy. I have a 9 year old son, Barry, who recently went off to boarding school abroad, and a cat called Snowy who prefers the company of my neighbour's to mine, thus making me “petless” and child free. It was only then I took stock and realised the nothingness of it all; a sort of mini life crisis. I have decided to shake things up a bit. I miss writing, so that’s why I blog, I need new direction, new goals and new objectives. I’m thinking a change in career, a new pastime, relocation and a nice gentleman friend to ice the cake! (Why not put it out there! ;o) Thank you for joining me on this journey. I welcome comments, suggestions or any ideas on postings! Enjoy the ride! 

Monday 25 March 2013

The Long Walk

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

We have been plagued in the UK with some very unseasonable weather which has put a chill on my training. I woke up on Saturday looked out of the window and though sod it! and went back to sleep, thus missing my Bodycon class and coffee with bionic woman in the gym café.



After the 4th “where are you?” phone call I reluctantly dragged on my gym kit and headed off to the gym once in there it really wasn’t so bad. I did 30 minutes on the cross trainer and a 30 minutes “run” on the treadmill on a steep incline and 10 minutes on the free weights! Not bad I thought.

How does she do it?


We went back to bionic woman’s place where I rustled up a lovely wild mushroom risotto, where we got down to business of practical training. We decided to start at a local national park the next day.



So we set off at the next day and it was like trekking through Siberia. I am currently reading The Long Walk and I can only imagine what it must be like. Anyway we had to abandon our walk not because of inclement weather no we were chased out of the park by a herd of deer with a very large stag rearing on us! I could of kissed him! I was frozen and wanted nothing more than a Costa hot chocolate (with all the trimmings) and my favourite chair! I’m in training for the Andes not the Himalayas.

Well Try again this week when spring decides to show up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment